- Posted by Gavin Soorma
- On June 17, 2011
- 0 Comments
This note describes the steps taken to upgrade an existing 10.2.0.5 Enterprise Manager Grid Control environment hosted on Red Hat Linux 5.5 to Enterprise Manager 11g (11.1.
The upgrade of the 10.2.0.5 OEM broadly involves the following steps
• Install the Oracle 11g Release 2 database software. This will be used for the repository database.
• Install Oracle 11g Release 1 WebLogic Server
• Upgrade the 10.2.0.5 repository database to 11g Release 2
• Install the 11g OEM Grid Control software and upgrade Management Server (OMS) from 10g to 11g.
• Upgrade existing 10g management agents to 11g
The following tasks can be performed while the 10g Grid Control environment is up and running.
• Install the Oracle Database Software – 11g Release 2
• Install the Oracle 11g WebLogic Server (10.3.2)
• Install the Java Runtime Environment 1.6 Update 18