- Posted by Gavin Soorma
- On February 10, 2017
- 0 Comments
- 12c, agent, datastore, enablemonitoring, GoldenGate, jagent, jmx, monitor, monitor server
GoldenGate Monitor is a web-based monitoring console that provides a real-time graphical overview of all the Oracle GoldenGate instances in our enterprise.
We can view statistics and alerts as well as monitor the performance of all the related GoldenGate components in all environments in our enterprise from a single console.
GoldenGate Monitor can also send alert messages to e-mail and SNMP clients.
This note describes the steps involved in installing and configuring the Oracle GoldenGate 12c Monitor Server and Monitor Agent.
At a high level, these are the different steps:
- Install JDK 1.7
- Install Fusion Middleware Infrastructure 22.214.171.124 which will also install Web Logic Server 12.1.3
- From the Fusion Middleware Infrastructure home run the Repository Creation Utility (RCU) to create an Oracle GoldenGate Monitor-specific repository in an Oracle database.
- Install Oracle GoldenGate Monitor Server (and optionally Monitor Agent)
- Create the WebLogic Domain for GoldenGate Monitor
- Edit the monitor.properties file
- Configure boot.properties file for WebLogic Admin and Managed Servers
- Start the WebLogic Admin and Managed Servers
- Create the GoldenGate Monitor Admin user via the WebLogic Console and grant the user the appropriate roles
- Install the Oracle GoldenGate Monitor Agent on the target hosts with running GoldenGate environments which we want to monitor
- Configure the Monitor Agent and edit Config.properties file